[NBLUG/talk] .ICEauthority Input/output error

icdedpple icdedppl at sonic.net
Mon Oct 13 22:13:01 PDT 2003

One of my users logged out of KDE and turned off the machine without shutting
it down first.  Now, after reboot, KDE will not start following the startx
command.  It complains of a problem with the /home/userName/.ICEauthority
file.  When I try to access the .ICEauthority file as root, I get 'ls:
.ICEauthority: Input/output error.

The one informative page on ICEauthority that I found was less than
informative with regard to the Input/output error.

Please help.  Thank you.