[NBLUG/talk] Updating Glibc on RH9

Murdock, Matt Matt.Murdock at brooks.com
Wed Oct 22 11:40:05 PDT 2003

	I tried to upgrade the Glibc on a rh9.0 system running on Dual AMD
Athlon +2200 processors. Like so many others it did not work. I found
threads from other users, however, the directions were spotty. So I had to
run a update from the installation cd's to correct the problem. Not their
fault, but my own lack of understanding.
	Now im back to where I was a week ago. Do I have to do the install
of  the glibc libraries from cdrom (boot to rescure mode, then install from
/mnt/sysimage/root/glibc*), or will it work in multi-user mode. Nptl-devel
is also dependent on glibc. I will have the same type of issues with
upgrading the Kernel also. Any type of help would be appreciated.

Matthew R. Murdock
Senior Systems/Network Admin./H.A.Admin.
Brooks Automation
5245 W. Yeager Rd.
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
801-736-3340