[NBLUG/talk] local cell plans, data for linux laptop?

William L. Thomson Jr. support at obsidian-studios.com
Mon Sep 1 18:04:00 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 20:34, Daniel Smith wrote:

> I don't dare ask about how to get two laptops to adhoc
> wireless together, and share the cellphone connection :-)
> (that is a goal, but sifting through the providers and
> hardware is enough of a project for now)

With Linux that should not be an issue. Providing you can get the
cellular wireless card and software for Linux. Then you would use a
802.x card in each laptop. Most laptops have support for two cards. A
few routing commands and you can share the connection.

Well that's the theory, implementation is another story.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.