[NBLUG/talk] RE: KPPP no carrier question

David M. Schulz icdedppl at sonic.net
Wed Sep 3 06:57:01 PDT 2003

micxz at micxz.net wrote:

>Put the time-out to "0". I think increasing it will not help.

You're right.  Changing the time-out did not help.

Fortunately, I figured it out.  Earlier, I had the machine set up to use
DSL.  Now, DSL is gone, too far away :^(
I used 'netconfig' and selected 'loopback'.  After the computer
rebooted, everything worked fine.

Sorry about not including the errors.  At the time of sending, the machine in
question was a few hundred miles away.  Excuses, excuses...

--
David M. Schulz