[NBLUG/talk] OS Alternatives.

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Wed Sep 3 10:44:01 PDT 2003

I have a Dell Latitude XPi (Pentium 100) with 32 Megs of ram and a 2gig
hard drive.  I tried to do a network install (no cdrom) of RH 9.0 and
well it tries to intall but goes real real slow, when I switch the
consol over to see what its doing its getting DMA time out errors when
trying to access the drive..  So anyways...

I made a windows 95 boot disk, booted up and formatted the drive just
fine under windows.. So I am wondering if Linux doesn't like this laptop
  =) Anyone have any experience with this?

The main point of posting this is, I want to put a OS on this laptop
that I can install with out a CDROM.  Anyone know of any small OS's that
support PCMCI and networking (TCP/IP)?  I would love to just put linux
on it but my 2 attempts failed =/

-Steve