[NBLUG/talk] openssh exploit?

Daniel Smith linux2002 at daniel.org
Tue Sep 16 10:32:00 PDT 2003

>  >>a) how serious is the openssh
>  >>problem, and b) the idea of switching to lsh?

Before someone goes into "duh, a root login is
serious" mode, let me rephrase that :-)

"is it a wide open, easy to exploit hole, or is
it something more theoretical?"

Perhaps the deeper question for all of you running a personal
server somewhere is: how much effort do you put into trying
to pin down every last security bug?  At what point do you
say "you know, it's just my personal server, and the security
is pretty good, but I have to take the time to get something
else done besides upgrading all the time"?  (note that I
am not talking about commercial stuff, just personal servers)

Daniel

--
Daniel L. Smith - Sonoma County, CA - AIM: SonomaDaniel
daniel.org     blog: JavaJoint.com    resume.daniel.org