[NBLUG/talk] Root and SSH questions..

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Wed Sep 17 16:15:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 03:44:55PM -0700, Steve Johnson wrote:
> I always leave root login not allowed on my sshd_config.. So I'm
> wondering how bad would it be to allow root into ssh?  Am I asking for
> problems with this?

on my box there (the one nblug.org happens to reside on as well) i only
allow root to login via ssh keys - root cannot loing using a password.

i do the same thing here at work, mostly.  some boxes still allow root to
login via password, but most do not.

i'll let someone else more qualified speak to the merrits of one versus the
other.

-dustin