[NBLUG/talk] Wireless: one more time... (pci)

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Sat Sep 20 14:18:00 PDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 10:35:43AM -0700, Mark Street wrote:
> Ahhh, wait,... did you have a ver. 2 or 2.2....?
>
> On Saturday 20 September 2003 10:33, Mark Street wrote:
> > Different driver dude!!!
> > http://www.admtek.com.tw/download/ADM8211.htm
> >
> > Belkin  	802.11b  	F5D6001 ver.2  	PCI  	ADMTek
> >
> > Go man go!!!

I am sooooo close! Thanks for the pointer, Mark.  I had tried one of
the source drivers before with no luck, but they had a new one, so I
tried it and (god help me) I think it installed.  It seems a bit
funky; I think I need to insmod a file when I start it up (I'm sure
there's a script I can write).  The good news, though is that I can
now see it via ifconfig.  So it's there.

I also edited the 2 ifcfg-eth0 scripts to reflect the IP address shown
on the desktop for eth0 when I run ifconfig.  These scripts may
require some 'refinement', as well.

I know this sounds a little late in the game, but I think it's now
time for me to RTFM re:  getting these 2 machines to talk.  I've been
googling my googles off, but I couldn't get past the driver
installation stage.  Can someone point me to a good source for script
and config file tweaking that will point the two machines at each
other (I want to use the desktop as the gateway, I'm thinking).

You've been super helpful, guys.  A big thank you to Mark, Micxz and
Christopher.  I am almost there!

-dave

ps:  re: Mark's question:  the version of the pci card is
"ver. 2102" per the box.