[NBLUG/talk] Dual Monitor configuration problem

Rob Orsini orsini at sonic.net
Sun Sep 28 19:14:00 PDT 2003

I am having problems getting both monitors working with a new RH9 box
of mine.  I have two video cards: Nvidia (AGP) and a ATI (PCI).  I have
confirmed that each card/monitor works on it's own with my system by
switching the bios video setting between PCI and AGP.  I think my
XF86config file is in pretty good shape in terms of the required
sections. My current theory is that my system is looking in the wrong
place for the second video card, but I really don't know what's going
on.

Here are two lines that stood out to me from the XFree86.log file:
(II) ATI:  Candidate "Device" section "Videocard1".
(WW) ATI:  PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 2:0:0 could not be detected!

Do I need to tell X exactly where to look for each video card?

<my files>
Here is my config file which starts without any errors (EE) lines:
http://www.orsini.us/X/XF86Config

and here is the current contents of my XFree86.0.log file:
http://www.orsini.us/X/XFree86.0.log

and finally the output of the 'lspci' command:
http://www.orsini.us/X/lspci
</my files>

Thanks,
Rob