[NBLUG/talk] Installfest Thanks

ME dugan at passwall.com
Sun Sep 28 21:21:02 PDT 2003

Daniel Smith said:
>>On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 19:45, Daniel Smith wrote:
>>
>>  > My skyline WiFi card now connects, but I get frame errors
>>
>>How are you entering your wep key?
>>
>>iwconfig eth0 essid foobar key s:yourpassphrasegoeshere ?
>
> Yep, I spread that over two commands.
>
> It'll say "eth0: Tx error, status 4 (FID=010F)" (hex sequence increases)
> or: eth0: Unknown Rx error (0x3).  Frame dropped.

Look over the source code for the drivers for the pcmcia-cs tree for your
device. Man times, early version of drivers do not include support for
WEP, or have limited support for WEP. Documentation may shed light on
this.

Another thing can be insufficient support in the access point to the way
that the linux WEP works. Consider looking for firmware upgrades to your
Access Point to see if this fixes your problems too.

-ME