[NBLUG/talk] Wireless Card Setup

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Tue Apr 27 12:50:04 PDT 2004

Oye. Good luck.

I bought a Belkin card early on because it was a good deal (~$19)

Some people have reported success with it, but many more not.
Be aware that there were several chipsets in use in that same model card.
I was running debian, and that may have added to the frustration level.
The most clear-cut directions I found for getting the card working were at:

and

http://www.houseofcraig.net/belkin_howto.php

and

http://www.cewindows.net/peripherals/pccardwirelesslan.htm

In the end, I traded for a linksys card that didn't work for beans in my
friends' WinXP laptop. We traded cards on a whim to try, and found that the
Belkin gave her GREAT performance, and the Linksys gave me GREAT performance
(and was instantly recognized).
Can ya feel the love?

Good luck!