[NBLUG/talk] Changed Network

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Thu Apr 29 20:46:37 PDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 08:29:58PM -0700, Walter Hansen wrote:
}
} I don't know if I'm a genios or an idiot......

It's a fine line isn't it?

} I was working on the debain install for the new web server. I had some
} troubles and lightning struck. I went to amanda and edited resolv.conf and
} set nameserver=192.168.33.100 (the router). I restarted the network and
} promptly got a few hundred emails. Everything works now. No more
} mysterious DNS flakeyness.
}
} Now, does anyone know WHY this works like this? Windows boxes were
} hardwired with the sonic dns servers also and they did fine.

It would seem that your router has a nameserver proxy.  Did
you program some nameservers into it?  If not try to, who
knows what defaults they put in it.

So this means you got your network card working?

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com