[NBLUG/talk] mounting USB memory stick

Glen Gunsalus G-Gunsalus at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 30 10:53:20 PDT 2004

I have a visitor with a 256Mb Sandisk USB stick flash that I'm trying to mount
on a RH 7.3 machine.  I keep getting "No medium found."   This has files
written on the flash using a Mac Powerbook.

I have no problem with finding a 128MB CF card from my digital camera using a
USB adapter on my machine.

Here is the fstab entry I user for successful mounting of the CF:

/dev/sdb1               /mnt/flash              auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

I've tried variations on type, etc, but no go.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks