[NBLUG/talk] LUG exhibit volunteers needed in Sacramento region!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Apr 30 11:36:56 PDT 2004

The Linux Users' Group of Davis has gotten exhibit booths for two events
which are taking place in our region in May, and we're looking for
more _volunteers_!

On Friday May 7th through Sunday May 9th, the Whole Earth Festival takes
place at UC Davis.  It's a free, student-run event that takes place each
year and draws in over 30,000 people "to discover and celebrate sustainable
and conscious living."

  http://wef.ucdavis.edu/

And on Wednesday May 12th through Friday May 14th, a large conference and
exhibit takes place at the Sacramento Convention center: GTC West 2004,
the Government Technology Conference.  It is "the nation's largest and most
respected technology conference for state and local government."

  http://www.govtech.net/events/

Since I'm strapped for time, and will be unable to fully coordinate both
events in person this year (I'm moving to the south bay soon!), and gathering
volunteers from the local community has been going slow, I decided to
make a request for help to NBLUG, BALUG and SVLUG.

If anyone out here is interested in helping out with either of these events
(especially set-up and break-down! -- for example, a truck is needed for
table ferrying at GTC), please let me know!

LUGOD has pages covering these events, which I use to keep track of
what we need (and have) for the events, who is volunteering for what, etc.:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/wef/

and

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/gtc/

respectively.