[NBLUG/talk] USB automount issues

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Mon Aug 2 15:23:41 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 03:03:27PM -0700, troy wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 01:55:48PM -0700, Bob Blick wrote:
> > Here's how to turn the thing off:
> >
> > http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/05/hmeyer_91_revert_from_subfs.html
> >
> > Now I can mount usb things immediately.
>
> You may not be wanting for any more auto-mounting madness, but a working
> autofs v4 is super-cool.
>
> Have you seen Kyle's autofs writeup?
> <http://greenfly.org/tips/autofs.html>
>
> Sheesh, as much as I promote that page, you'd think I worked for Kyle!

Heh, the only issue might be that I wrote that page for Linux 2.4 with
devfs. If you are using 2.6 and/or udev you might have to tweak some of the
scripts yourself. I haven't had the time to migrate my laptop (the box I
primarily use hotplug/autofs on) to 2.6 yet so I couldn't tell you offhand
what changes.

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President