[NBLUG/talk] GTK headers...?

A'fish'ionado afishionado1 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 21:18:10 PDT 2004

I'm trying to compile Freeciv to use GTK. It compiles,
but ./configure fails to detect the GTK headers, and
compiles with Xaw, with is UGLY!

I must have GTK installed, since The Gimp runs (Gimp
was installed with the OS). So, I want to install the
GTK header files. The big question is, how do I tell
which version of GTK is installed, so I know which
version of GTKMM to install? (I don't really feel like
reinstalling GTK.)

On the other hand, I suppose the GTK header files
might be there, and they're just not being detected?
I'm running SuSE 9.0. Any ideas where they might be
hiding?

... I could always take the easy path and download the
GTK-enabled precompiled RPM, but no, I want to compile
it from source ...

Thanks!
William

=====