[NBLUG/talk] Setting location for X Windows

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Sun Dec 19 12:14:39 PST 2004

/etc/sysconfig/desktop

see ~/.Xclients and ~/.Xclients-default

I don't believe you can choose 'which' desktop during install.  You can set it
after if you installed both Gnome and KDE with the switchdesk command.  I
think it is a feature, not a bug... ; )

switchdesk kde
switchdesk gnome

NAME
switchdesk - graphical and text mode interface for choosing desktop
environment

SYNOPSIS
switchdesk [desktop name]

DESCRIPTION
switchdesk provides a simple method of choosing between the various desktop
environments available under Red Hat Linux, including GNOME, KDE, and FVWM2.
If X Windows is running, switchdesk  will bring up a dialog box which allows
the user to choose between the available desktops installed on the system.

This dialog follows the appearance of the user's current desktop as closely as
possible. If a desktop name (KDE, GNOME, XFce4, FVWM, WINDOWMAKER) is
supplied as an argument, or X is not running, switchdesk can be used from the
command line.

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com