[NBLUG/talk] Hot Potato!

Osiris Pedroso opedroso at swoptimizer.com
Fri Dec 24 12:19:03 PST 2004

My wife's Windows notebook decided to start giving hard drive errors during
boot, so it is not longer bootable.

I booted from a version of Knoppix, but was unable to figure out how to
mount the fat32 partition. I am trying to save her mail folders, nothing
else.

When following the instructions, I was told to use fdisk -l, and script the
FAT32 partition into the fstab and then mount it.

But "fdisk -l" fails with a "Input/Output Error".

I was wondering if any of you would have another hint on how to accomplish
this task.

Thanks so much,

Osiris Pedroso
--