[NBLUG/talk] Video Card suggestions

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sat Feb 7 22:03:00 PST 2004

I am building a monster box and can't decide between ATI and NVIDIA chipset.
The mid-level cards with 128M onboard seem as high as I want to go.  ATI
Radeon 9000 or the nVidia GeForce FX5000 series.  2D drivers are well
supported with ATI but the 3D drives go proprietary.

Anyone have a suggestion?  I am not going to do any gaming... or not much.
Probably some video editing and PVR stuff - I want to try Freevo and MythTV.

Asus P4P800 Deluxe
P4 3.0Ghz 800Mhz
1G DDR 3200 RAM
vrrrrooommm