[NBLUG/talk] Video-kino

Cal Herrmann calz at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 6 21:32:01 PST 2004

I have downloaded&installed Cinelerra, it seems to want kino for loading from
a digital camcorder, I wanted kino anyway, somebody here recommended it.
Using the Mandrake (9.1) RpmDrake to install (kino0.7.0 from the Mandrake
cooker), it found some dependencies but not: libavc1394.so.0;
libquicktime.so.0; & librom1394.so.0; so "install aborted."
The Linux Digital Video website looks like kino isn't ready: libavc1394 not
available as RPM.  Ideas?  Maybe I should finish the earlier kino version?
Cal