[NBLUG/talk] Play a sound when the screensaver terminates?

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Fri Jan 9 09:49:01 PST 2004

Agreed!!!  I held back on this one for fear of repercussions from animal
activists.

If the cat gets close to the keyboard  there is nothing that a good hearty
BARK a few times couldn't fix.  I do a pretty good German Shepherd.  Or even
a mad cat in a cat fight sound eminating from your throat.

Scotch tape/packing tape or double sided tape works wonders too!!  Cat's hate
stuff that gets stuck to them that makes a rattling noise.  It can be used to
pick up unwanted fur after the cat has moved on too.

Last but not least is to bring out the fencing foil and parry with the cat and
lunge for the hind quarters if it gets close to the keyboard.  I like
electricity also...  I remember one instance where the neigborhood dogs were
invading our trash cans...  my Dad had an old neon light transformer we
hooked up around the garbage cans that delivered a fairly sizeable voltage
with very low amperage.  ; )

Basically, this is not a programming problem....  the cat has to know who is
boss....  Cats have trouble with this concept sometimes...  I know we have a
couple around here....

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer