[NBLUG/talk] Meeting

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Sun Jan 11 12:15:01 PST 2004

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 10:46:22AM -0800, Cal Herrmann wrote:
> The simple way is to make a VCR copy; nearly everyone has a VCR player,
> and make the tape available for loan, somewhere.
> Cal
> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Kyle Rankin wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 02:06:39PM -0800, Walter Hansen wrote:
> > > Crap. The significance of my TTh Cisco class is now sinking in. I noticed
> > > at the last meeting that it was being video taped. Any chance there is
> > > some sort of system of viewing these somehow?
> > >                                                   -Walter
> > [snip meeting notice]
> > We have been discussing the proper method of distribution for the
> > video-taped meetings.  As of yet it is a work-in-progress, and we are
> > working on what formats we want the videos in, etc.
> > So in short, yes there will be a way to retrieve a meeting should you miss
> > one (and should we be able to videotape it), in a format that we are still
> > working on :)

i can't speak for the rest of the board, but i'd prefer *not* to do a loan
program.  i'd rather do a swap of media or ask for a donation for a copy of
the talk.

in regards to vhs, i'd like to stay away from vhs unless there's a large
population asking for vhs as making copies takes a long time, whereas vcds,
dvds or some other distribution format can be copied in less time,
typically, than the talk actually lasted.  *shrug*  just a thought...
course, having a loaner vhs tape wouldn't side-step that issue...but then we

-dustin