[NBLUG/talk] Re Installing kernel RPM update

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Mon Jan 12 08:22:00 PST 2004

Meg,

You are safe.  When you run updates the update program treats kernel's
differently than other packages.  Instead of UPgrading or Freshening kernels
the update program Installs kernels.  This leaves you with more than 1
kernel.  Again, make sure the new kernel works for you and Extract the old
kernel when you feel everything is OK.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer