[NBLUG/talk] Good anti virus, open sourrce soaftware?

HarryH forHarryH at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 21:02:00 PST 2004

Hi,
Can anyone lead me to a good open source, free anti-virus, anti-spy and firewall download site as my RH 7.2 does not have any protection?

Second question.  I just installed a second HD on my RH 7.2.  All went well where it is recognized, has been partitioned, and has a filesystem mounted and is accessible.  I noticed that in the /etc/fstab file, only 5 file systems are described and the same in the /etc/mtab file.  Nowhere do I see how /etc, /bin, /sbin and others are "mounted" on their respective filesystems/partitions/slices on the first HD.

What I would like to do is add more directories to the second HD but not as sub directories.  When I do a ls -l on the "/" it shows the new directory (on the second HD) as just another directory in the list.  Am I allowed only one parent directory per partition/slice on the second HD?  Am I getting confused between physical and logical drives?

Any into appreciated,
Thanks,
Harry