[NBLUG/talk] Moving permissions

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Sun Jan 18 08:07:01 PST 2004

A move or a copy?  Same computer?  The question is vague.  Are you taking
"user and group ownership" into account as well as file permissions or just
concerned with file permissions?

I would say tar would do the trick with a -p and --same-owner.  man tar

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer