[NBLUG/talk] pccards

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Tue Jan 20 16:49:00 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 04:37:27PM -0800, Nat W wrote:

> I recently came into possession of a Dell inspirion 2500.The laptop is
> great except for one problem, it has no network support. But Itdoes have
> two pc card slots. so I was wondering if Linux supported linksys802.11b
> wireless cards, and how I would go about setting one up ( or where I
> couldfind out). And if they are not supported another alternative for
> hooking thislaptop up to a wireless or wired network.

i'd suggest finding the product you want to buy, then taking that model
number to google and poke around and see what you can find.  i've found that
so far as 802.11b is concerned, most cards just seem to work.  if the
linksys card you're looking at is the wpc11, i found a poop-load of links on
google talking about that card and linux and docs on how to make it work.

if you're still having problems around the 21st of february, i'd suggest
stopping by the installfest ;)

-dustin