[NBLUG/talk] Installfest: 21 Feb: date confirmed? Signup page?

sms at sonic.net sms at sonic.net
Wed Jan 21 15:36:01 PST 2004

Hi,

I thought I recalled seeing the 21 Feb date as "unconfirmed" previously
on the NBLUG homepage; it's no longer bearing that label.

However, elseURL on NBLUG's site (most particularly, the Upcoming
Events page at http://www.nblug.org/meetings.shtml (claims 21 Feb is
<b>unconfirmed</b>) and the installfest registration page at
http://www.nblug.org/register.cgi (for a 27 Sept (!) 'fest)) it looks
unconfirmed.  IS next month's date confirmed?  Can we ignore the text
stating a 27 Sept date & use the registration page?

Last but not least... I've collected a fair bit of info regarding my
system (HPa350n) & what it will take to get my desired distro (Debian,
probably Sarge) onto it; how do I best provide it to the 'fest - folk?
I see the field to feed info to the CGI; what's a reasonable limit to
how much text I can put there?  1K?  10K?  Should I "prettify" my data
so linewrap/etc looks neat&tidy in the CGI field (or can I cut & paste
from an 80-column window)?

Thanks!

- Steve S.