[NBLUG/talk] Disabling the window manager in GNOME 2?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 22 17:20:04 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 15:55, Scott Doty wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 03:57:33PM -0800, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 10:24, Christopher Wagner wrote:
> > > I dunno about that, but I know that many good Linux distros do run on
> > > PowerPC. :)
> >
> > As long as MacOS X proves stable enough for my everyday use, I think
> > that I'll stick with it.  Besides, it might be nice if I could find an
> > easy way for Mac users to take advantage of some high-quality
> > open-source applications...
>
> http://ncmug.org/

Actually, NCMUG is the group I had in mind when I said that.  It would
seem that most of their members know little about the open-source
applications that they could be using in place of the expensive packages
that they often purchase at CompUSA.  I hope to enlighten them about
open-source.

Among their ranks are several Windows converts.  If I'm lucky, I might
be able to get some of them to bring their old PC's to our next
InstallFest.  We shall see.

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln at sbcglobal.net>