[NBLUG/talk] Install fest question

Steve Smith sjs at sonic.net
Tue Jan 27 09:07:01 PST 2004

I have a Sony R505 currently running SuSE 8.0 dual boot with
Xp that I'd like to upgrade to SuSE 9.0.  The initial
install was done by Emperor Linux.

The machine is a bit strange in that it has what Sony calls
a Slim Docking Station.  The laptop itself doesn't have a CD
or floppy -- these come with the docking station and the
interface between the laptop and the station is via
firewire.

I like the box but regret buying it because I'm over my head
when it comes to upgrades and I haven't found Emperor's
support to be all that good.

Would there be someone who would be able to help with a
network upgrade?

Thanks
Steve S.