[NBLUG/talk] Newbie questions :-)

Dave Sisley dsisley at arczip.com
Wed Jan 28 18:51:02 PST 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 06:23:57PM -0800, jgarden2000 at juno.com wrote:
> > Finally, if I can't figure out how to bypass my cheap ISPs
proprietary > software, are there any local dial-up services under
$15/month (we're > used to paying $12/month) that support Linux and
Windows? (I saw the > mention of www.mygoboom.net, and I'm still not
sure if I'm comfortable > trying it. I haven't had a chance yet to
check out their site myself.)  > > William > >
________________________________________________________________ > The
best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!  > Surf the
web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!  > Only $14.95/ month - visit
www.juno.com to sign up today!

I can't answer your other questions, but as for an under $15 ISP, I
can recommend Arczip.  No proprietary software garbage, no advertising
in your email signatures required (as I think you are dealing with
if you are using Juno).  They're not local, they are in Utah I think,
but they do have local dial up numbers.

They've been very reliable for the couple of years I've been using
them.  For my $14.95, I got 100MB for a webpage (an arczip address,
unfortunately), at least 5 email accounts (I think I got 10, but I
don't use them all, so I can't remember.

The only complaint I might have is they don't really support Linux.  I
was having a problem a few months ago and called tech support and I
had to wait for the one guy who knew anything about Linux to come back
from lunch.  He was helpful, though.

- dave.