[NBLUG/talk] Newbie questions :-)

dant3 dant3 at sonic.net
Thu Jan 29 19:46:01 PST 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 06:23:57PM -0800, jgarden2000 at juno.com wrote:
> > Finally, if I can't figure out how to bypass my cheap ISPs
proprietary > software, are there any local dial-up services under
$15/month (we're > used to paying $12/month) that support Linux and
Windows? (I saw the > mention of www.mygoboom.net, and I'm still not
sure if I'm comfortable > trying it. I haven't had a chance yet to
check out their site myself.)  > > William > >

If you have one of those new-fangled "unlimited long distance" plans that
companies are offering these days, you might try www.nocharge.com.  They
provide free dial-up access to Washington residents.  I don't have unlimited
long distance, but I used that company's free dial-up (no software...just
configure your box to use a modem) when I was way out in the West County
boondocks with nothing but my Slackware 8.1 and a landline.

Thank goodness for DSL...