[nblug][NBLUG/talk] Wireless PC cards

Matt Kirk mkirk at sonic.net
Thu Jul 15 05:52:35 PDT 2004

I've had a great experience with Suse 9 and wireless cards.  I purchase an
IBM ThinkPad R40 about 8 months ago and bought their a/b/g card mini-pci
card aftermarket.  I installed it and the card was detected immediately by
Yast.  It loaded the MadWifi drivers and just worked.  I was impressed as I
didn't expect this from any Linux distro.  I have since tried wavelan and
Cisco PCMCIA cards with similar results.  I'm very happy with Suse after
years of running redhat.

Matt Kirk - mkirk at sonic.net