[NBLUG/talk] To: Troy and Andru

Andrew argonaut at softhome.net
Tue Jul 20 18:19:18 PDT 2004

hayden wrote on Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:19:20 -0700:

> Troy,  Any idea on were I could  pick up a  256 100pc stick for
> less than $130.00?? (the price at my local Staples here in
> Ukiah).

Well, I'm not Troy, but I hope you'll forgive me. :-)

A few places to check online are http://www.pricewatch.com/ and
http://www.newegg.com/  There are plenty of others, if you look
around. I just had a quick look at PriceWatch and the lowest
price for 256MB PC100 RAM was $36.

If you don't want to buy online, we've got a number of stores
here in Santa Rosa that you could check (online or in person when
you come down for the InstallFest). We've got your big chain
stores like CompUSA, Best Buy, Circuit City, and OfficeMax, as
well as specialty computer shops like PC Club and Santa Rosa
Computers. Some of the chain stores might have memory on sale
(though you may have to deal with mail-in rebates).

Also keep in mind that PC133 memory will usually (but not always)
work in a PC100 system and it may be cheaper. At PriceWatch, it
was $4 cheaper. Check with the seller to see if it will work in a
PC100 system.

A.