[NBLUG/talk] Window managers

error error at sonic.net
Thu Jul 22 15:14:06 PDT 2004

> I started with KDE, decided it was too much of a pig
> on my 256Mg laptop, and went to Window Maker... Just
> out of curiosity, is there any reason I should try
> fluxbox when I'm using Window Maker?

I am using fluxbox these days and it's great. It's even more lightweight
than WM. It starts in a matter of half a second for me. Gnome/KDE take
about 30-60 seconds. WM takes around 10 seconds.

Fluxbox is really nice.

> And on the desktop at home, with just under 1G RAM ...
> is there any reason to try Gnome when I'm already
> using KDE?

Sure, because KDE sucks! :-)

But really, Gnome is a rather nice UI, give it a shot.

I personally hate the way that KDE looks and feels. It's like using
windows without the driver support :-)

--
error <error at sonic.net>