[NBLUG/talk] Clearing hard drive

troy fryman at sonic.net
Fri Jul 23 21:53:44 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 09:47:11PM -0700, hayden wrote:
> Hi All,
> Getting ready for installfest tommorrow.
> Can anyone tell me the key combination to strip the hard drive?

You don't have to worry about that, as your disk can be formatted as
part of the Linux install.  In general, though, you'd need some sort of
boot disk (dos, win, whatever).  You'd use the boot disk to, well, boot,
and then format or repartition your hard drive from there.

> Also; any way to download e-mails from OE all at once?

Your helper tomorrow can probably help you with that, although it
backing up data isn't something we like to get into.  We'd certainly
prefer it if anything you wish to keep is far, far away from the
computer tomorrow ;-)

I'll be glad to help out with saving your mail if needed, but I'd need
to be in front of the computer since I'm too rusty to try and talk you
through it via e-mail.

-troy