[NBLUG/talk] Fedora Core 2, xmms and volume control

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Mon Jun 7 15:44:19 PDT 2004

Dave, I am also encountering the same problem, except I'm trying to run
Gnome-speech for a visually impaired user and it's not very useful if the
sound doesn't work by default when X starts. :/

Maybe it's possible to run the volume control app when X starts, with a set
of command line paramters, it's possible that aumix isn't accessing the
right mixer device.  (ie: OSS instead of ALSA or somesuch)

- Chris