[NBLUG/talk] Which Distro.

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Wed Jun 9 09:17:29 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 08:11:08AM -0700, Steve Johnson wrote:
} I am about to replace a RedHat 7.2 box, and I'm in the process of deciding
} which distro of linux to use.  I'm leaning towards Debian stable, but I
} also know that its not cutting edge =)  So there are a few packages I will
} compile by hand, so that I can get the latest versions
} (ie: apache, mysql and php).
}
} I was wondering, in a server environment, what distro do you
} folks prefer? and why?

I'm currently using Debian stable on my server.  I upgraded a few things
to testing to get some newer features.  The current testing is pretty
mature, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to run testing, but pin a few
things like ssh to stable to get quick security fixes for any problems
found.  I'll probably do that when I upgrade my hardware.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com