[NBLUG/talk] Installing WiFi cards

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 13 20:36:55 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 19:21, Bryce Hardy wrote:
> Have you thought about getting a wireless ethernet bridge, which is fullproof
> as far as Linux compatibility is concerned? That's finally what I decided to
> do, in conjunction with the help of a fellow NBLUGer (thanks again Andrew!).
> Of course as you would expect, the universe being what it is, they're very
> expensive compared with USB or PCI cards, at least 100 dollars and up. But no
> drivers need to be loaded so it's totally platform independent.

That was the last thing I tried before I gave up.  They were out of
stock at CompUSA.  At that point, I had finally lost all interest in
(and patience for) wireless networking.

I suppose I could have looked somewhere else, but I don't think it would
have been worth it.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

You will lose your present job and have to become a door to door mayonnaise
salesman.