[NBLUG/talk] HP 5200c scanner, Fedora Core 2, 2.6.5 kernel

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Mon Jun 14 09:05:06 PDT 2004

Let's think this through from a low level to a higher level.  We know that
jumping from a 2.4 to a 2.6 kernel can introduce unforeseen effects.

Let's look at /etc/modules.conf
Let's look at /etc/modprobe.conf

Let's see output of the /sbin/lsusb command when the scanner is plugged in.

Let's see a listing of the drivers available for the usb scanners from
/lib/modules/***2.6.5***/kernel/drivers/usb/image

and maybe the file names from the 'core' and 'host' directories
/lib/modules/***2.6.5***/kernel/drivers/usb/core
/lib/modules/***2.6.5***/kernel/drivers/usb/host

Why?  We need to see what modules your system is loading, and in what order
they are loaded in.  We also need to know if those modules exist by their
given name or some other name.

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com