[NBLUG/talk] x problem

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Sat Jun 19 16:28:38 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 11:03:43PM -0700, Steve Smith wrote:
} I just started having problems setting the display from one
} machine to another and am stuck.  I've checked everything I
} can think of.
}
} /home/sjs> xhost +
} access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
} /home/sjs> ssh betty

No need to set xhost if you are using ssh.

} > xterm Xt error: Can't open display: leia:0.0

Check /etc/ssh_config on the local machine and
/etc/sshd_config on the remote machine to make sure X11
forwarding is on.  Restart the sshd deamon after you change
the file.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us