[NBLUG/talk] Re: talk Digest, Vol 3, Issue 23

A'fish'ionado afishionado1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 17:10:51 PDT 2004

Yeah, whatever SuSE bundled in with YaST can resize
NTFS partitions with no problem. :-) (At least the
version bundled with 9.0--I don't know about earlier

Saving files under Linux to an NTFS partition seems to
be a different story...

> It could only shrink about 4MB of the primary
> partition on my laptop
> because of unmovable clusters at the end of the
> partition, but it

The stuff I'm reading on the 'net suggests that this
can be the files for Windoze's hibernate mode causing
this... Someone reported that turning this off (under
Windoze) does the trick (it can be turned on when
you're done resizing).

Other than that... Defrag the drive first, under
Windoze, perhaps? (I suppose it could the Windoze swap
file causing the problem, too.)

  Version: 3.1
GCS d+(-) s+:- !a C++ UL++ P+ L++ E- W+++ N- o-- K- w-- O-- M+ V-- !PS PE ?Y PGP- t+ ?5 X- R tv- b+++ DI+ D+ G e h! !r !y
(See http://www.geekcode.com/geek.html)

Do you Yahoo!?