[NBLUG/talk] LUG exhibit booth volunteers needed (July in Davis)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jun 22 20:27:02 PDT 2004

LUGOD is putting together a booth about Linux and Open Source at the
2004 Society for Technical Communication Region 8 conference, which is
being held at UC Davis on July 25th through 27th. (Yes, a Sunday thru Tues.)

Volunteer turnout from the Davis/Sacramento region has been low,
unfortunately, and I was going to cancel the idea of exhibiting there.
However, it seems we can have a booth that isn't staffed 100% of the time,
so I'm hoping to go ahead with the booth.  (At the least, people can grab
handouts and learn about OSS and Linux later, when they read it. :^) )

However, I thought I'd also give other LUG members the chance to help out,

Lots of details are up on a page at LUGOD's website, here:

As it says on that page, post a note to LUGOD's "vox-outreach" mailing list,
or contact me directly, if you're interested in helping out.

pr at lugod.org
Linux Users' Group of Davis