[NBLUG/talk] console screensaver

Troy Arnold fryman at sonic.net
Tue Jun 29 10:44:47 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:22:35AM -0700, Bob Blick wrote:
> >> Couldn't you just add that command to the end of rc.local?  That way
> >> it would load up last and overwrite the defaults.
>
> Tried it in rc.local, didn't work, but this did:
>
> http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2000-Mar/0602.html

Thanks for posting that.  You wanna hear my brutal hack?
in /path/to/kernel/source/drivers/char/console.c

There's a function called timer_do_blank_screen()
I changed:
    if (console_blanked)
	        return;

to:
            return;

Talk about smashing a fly with a sledgehammer!

Anyway, I really appreciate you following up with that link.

-troy