[NBLUG/talk] Scanner Setup

Troy Arnold fryman at sonic.net
Thu Mar 4 11:52:01 PST 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:31:39AM -0800, Ian Sutherland wrote:
> Hi, Red Hat 9 did not recognize the commands "lsmod" or "modprobe".

/sbin/lsmod, /sbin/modprobe

> I used "dmesg | more" and got the following pertinent entries;
>
> isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
> isapnp: Card 'SYM 53C416'
> isapnp: 1 Plug & Play card detected total
>

> sym53c416.c: Version 1.0.0-ac
> sym53c416: ISAPnP card found and configured at 0x220, IRQ 10.
> No sym53c416 found at address 0x000
> scsi1 : Symbios Logic 53c416 (rev. 151) at 0x220, irq 10, SCSI-ID 7,
> fast pio
>
> Suggestions!

Did you see this:

"Updated SANE packages fix problem with shared libraries

Details:

Updated SANE packages that fix a shared library problem are now
available.

SANE is a package for using document scanners.

A recent change in the way that the dynamic loader searches for shared
libraries has exposed a problem with the SANE 'backend' shared
libraries.  This problem may result in scanners not being recognized as
available by SANE.

Users of SANE should upgrade to these erratum packages, which resolve
this issue."

<https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2004-043.html>

-troy