[NBLUG/talk] Scanner Setup-loading module at startup.

Ross Thomas spamb8r at netscape.net
Thu Mar 4 21:41:02 PST 2004

Ian Sutherland <iansuth at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Thanks Frank and Andrew I got the scanner to work.
> How do I get Red Hat 9 to load the module at startup?
>
> "alias scsi_hostadapter sym53c416 in /etc/modules.conf"
> does not seem to do it.

I'm pretty sure you'll find a file called /etc/modules
(that's right, no extension).  It contains a list of
modules, one per line, that are to be loaded at boot.
Now that you have the alias set as above stick
scsi_hostadapter in there and reboot to see if it
works.

HTH

Ross.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.