[NBLUG/talk] Next Install Fest?

sms at sonic.net sms at sonic.net
Thu Mar 11 00:36:01 PST 2004

> > > Got a PIII 386Mb 20Gb that I would like to convert to a Linux
> > > machine. Is there a Install Fest scheduled?
> >
> > we just so happen to be having a board meeting tomorrow night...i'll
> > see if i can remember to bring this up.  it's unlikely, however,
> > we'll have one before april or may.
>
> If people are interested, LUGOD's holding an Installfest out here in
> Davis (1-2hr from various points in Sonoma County) on Saturday, March
> 20th.
>
> http://www.lugod.org/if/

And FWIW, "CABAL" (http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/) apparently does installs
by pre-arrangement in addition to their 'fest activities (scroll down to
"The Usual Suspects" about halfway down their page).  They are down in
Menlo Park, also 2ish hours away, so it saves you no travel-time but if
you're uberurgent a little abject grovelling may get you Linucized in
short order... check with them.

According to BALE (http://linuxmafia.com/bale/) the LUGOD event is the
next available Installfest in the greater bay area... they ain't
omniscient, but they're impressive.  :)

- Steve S.