[NBLUG/talk] Debian Xfree86

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Thu Mar 11 08:15:01 PST 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 12:15:13AM -0800, sms at sonic.net wrote:
}
} I was planning on going with a "pure debian" install, but after
} my experience researching what I needed to know to even _attempt_
} it,  vs.  my experience at the recent (Feb) 'fest, I've become
} rather a convert to Knoppix.
}
} It's a bootable-CD distro based on Debian (Sid); aside from bundling
} it up with quite a few extras, they've evidently put a non-trivial
} amount of effort into making it auto-detect just a *huge* amount
} of hardware.  My spankin-new box (P4 Hyperthreaded, 2.8Ghz) installed
} as slick as <unsavory politician of your choice> foolin' the voters
} (considered putting in *my* choice of politician, but didn't wanna
} start a political flamefest).

For my last Debian install I booted knoppix then wrote down
all the driver info, then installed Debian.  I can always
reboot off the knoppix CD if I missing something, and I can
configure networking and mail config files off too.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at efball.com