[NBLUG/talk] Used laptop recommendation please

Mitch Patenaude mrp at sonic.net
Mon Mar 15 18:37:01 PST 2004

On Monday, Mar 15, 2004, at 16:02 US/Pacific, Bob Blick wrote:

> I'm looking to buy a used laptop. I'm tending toward something like an
> IBM
> T20 (700MHZ PIII). I just want something that runs linux well, and I
> don't
> need to watch movies on it or burn CDs.

I run RedHat 9 on that very model.  It runs, great, pretty much
installs with no trouble.  Sound, net and other peripherals work as
expected, without much tweaking.  I haven't tried to get the modem
working, or tried to drive a dual headed display, or played DVDs though
others have....

All in all, it's a great linux laptop.

-- Mitch