[NBLUG/talk] Swapping one Debian package for another

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 20 13:38:00 PST 2004

I want to replace one installed Debian package with another package.
The old package provides several dependencies that I would like to avoid
breaking if at all possible.  The new package would handle all of the
dependencies of the old package.

These two packages are different versions of Freetype that have
different names, not just different version numbers (and so apt-get
cannot resolve them as easily as it normally would).

Is there a way that I can simultaneously remove the old package and
install the new package, so that the dependencies don't break?

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln at sbcglobal.net>