[NBLUG/talk] How to uninstall mySQL? Any expert can help?

Mark Street jet at sonic.net
Tue Mar 30 16:38:00 PST 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 11:51 am, Johnson Leung wrote:
> site. It should be similar to osCommerce, except that it uses Python
> instead of PHP.

OK, no problem.  I will restate my previous recc.  I think you should slow
down a bit and get to know the operating system & software installation a
little better before you jump into this.  You may lose many hairs.

> I would remove any trace of Red Hat's packages for mysql and any
> devel, support libs or additional modules to access the server.  Then....

That is just a query of the rpm database.  extraction can be a process of
removing packages and their dependencies in an order that makes the God's
happy.

> | grep -I mysql sufficient? Please advice in details.

I would reference your install instructions for zwarehouse first.  You need to
UNinstall the following packages and any of their dependencies.  Also
check /var/lib/mysql/ for your installed databases from the red hat install.

mysql-server-3.23.54a-11
libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.6.5-5
mod_auth_mysql-1.11-12
php-mysql-4.2.2-17
mysql-devel-3.23.54a-11
mysql-3.23.54a-11
-------
You will probably want to keep these packages you have already added from
MySQL.com's packages;

MySQL-python-0.9.1-6
qt-MySQL-3.1.1-6
MyODBC-2.50.39-11
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.1021-3

> "Dynamic client libraries (including 3.23.x libraries)"? Do I need to
> install both?

I don't know if you need to install both.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer